These notes were taken by an Okanogan County Watch volunteer. Every attempt is made to be accurate. Notes are verbatim when possible, and otherwise summarized or paraphrased.
Note takers comments or clarifications are in italics. These notes are not the official county record of the meeting. For officially approved minutes, which are normally published at a later time, CLICK HERE.
The time stamps refer to the times on the AV Capture archive of the meeting on this date at the County livestream archive. To locate items in real time, the clock on the wall in the AV Capture screen can be helpful.
9-12-23 Tues AM BOCC
· Budget discussions.
· Public Comment: JoAnn Dagnon thanks the BOCC for the expanded Veteran/Senior parking at the fair & expressed concern over the safety of the bleachers, especially for Senior Citizens. Ruth Hall also commented about the safety of the bleachers and need for a cover.
· Discussion of disbursement of Title III funds with the Conservation District staff and Sheriff’s Office Staff (Search & Rescue)- Community Wildfire Protection Plan needs to be approved before ability to apply for other firefighting project funds.
· BOCC votes to help City of Nespelem with their Slope Stabilization Project funding gap of $270,000 – Contractor is ready to move on this project – hope to get it done before a major flood happens. Discussion of how to fund Goat Creek Bridge Project and the Mazama Bridge land purchase with DOT.
· Continued Public Hearing on the Road Vacation within the Plat of Monse – parties agreed, approved. Public Works update: request by ATV Club for some other road openings for ATV's
· Adjourned for Lunch at 11:47.
View Complete Notes