These notes were taken by an Okanogan County Watch volunteer. Every attempt is made to be accurate. Notes are verbatim when possible, and otherwise summarized or paraphrased.
Note takers comments or clarifications are in italics. These notes are not the official county record of the meeting. For officially approved minutes, which are normally published at a later time, CLICK HERE.
The time stamps refer to the times on the AV Capture archive of the meeting on this date at the County livestream archive. To locate items in real time, the clock on the wall in the AV Capture screen can be helpful.
8.21.2023 Mon AM BOCC
· Steve Kelly, who addressed the BOCC three weeks ago about inmates in the jail and their friends being taken advantage of financially, asks for an update on the situation. The commissioners will talk to the Sheriff about the situation.
· Pete Palmer, Planning Director discusses problems with compliance to Conditional Use Permits and permits in general. She refers the Commissioners to an article in the Omak Republic, an on-line publication.
· Isabelle Spohn asks the commissioners when the yearly review of the county’s Multi-Hazard Mitigation Plan will be complete. They passed Resolution 89-2022 on July 12, 2022, calling for the plan’s implementation and yearly review.
· Esther Milner, Chief Civil Deputy Prosecutor, updates the commissioners about her proposed revisions the Okanogan County Code3.04 and 3.04A—Real Estate Excise Tax.
· Meeting adjourns for the day at 11:05