These notes were taken by an Okanogan County Watch volunteer. Every attempt is made to be accurate. Notes are verbatim when possible, and otherwise summarized or paraphrased.
Note takers comments or clarifications are in italics. These notes are not the official county record of the meeting. For officially approved minutes, which are normally published at a later time, CLICK HERE.
The time stamps refer to the times on the AV Capture archive of the meeting on this date at the County livestream archive. To locate items in real time, the clock on the wall in the AV Capture screen can be helpful.
8.1.2023 Tues AM BOOC
· Due to requirements under the ARPA Program, the Lower Goat Creek bridge project may need to be paid for out of different funding.
· No public comment.
· Staff from Information Systems Department requesting purchase of a databank back up service through Dell Computer to alleviate the load on current system – approved for $59,024. This will help for future growth also.
· Finance Committee – Scheduled future meeting to discuss fairgrounds expenses that have increased in the last 10 years. County getting ready to start work on the Sheriff's/Coroners building and still awaiting Opioid Settlement monies.
· Update from Communications Chief Deputy: conditional use permit approved by City of Okanogan for Sheriffs/Coroners Bldg. Working on dispatch budget and staffing. Emergency Services Manager: report on Eagle Bluff Fire – still 2 hot areas.
· Update from Solid Waste: upcoming grant-funded recycling project.
· Public Works update: Some discussion regarding participating in an Intercept Program with the Homeless.
· Meeting adjourned 11:49 until 1:30 pm