These notes were taken by an Okanogan County Watch volunteer. Every attempt is made to be accurate. Notes are verbatim when possible, and otherwise summarized or paraphrased.
Note takers comments or clarifications are in italics. These notes are not the official county record of the meeting. For officially approved minutes, which are normally published at a later time, CLICK HERE.
The time stamps refer to the times on the AV Capture archive of the meeting on this date at the County livestream archive. To locate items in real time, the clock on the wall in the AV Capture screen can be helpful.
- Fall prevention classes offered to low-income seniors
Passage of an inter-local agreement giving legal framework to cross-county support and collaboration
- Maryann Williams relays gleanings from national local boards of health conference in Tacoma
- Covid hospitalizations up, increased vigilance in health care settings, one death reported
- Bat concerns addressed
- Record set for opioid overdose calls to 911; two “drug houses” destroyed
- Libraries offer clean-air spaces for fleeing wildfire smoke; vigilance encouraged
- Board of Health envisioning creation of finance committee to tackle revision of salaries; new employee sought to deal with emergencies, will cooperate with Emergency Management
- Building permits down in Methow, up in north of county
- Meeting adjourned at 2:32