These notes were taken by an Okanogan County Watch volunteer. Every attempt is made to be accurate. Notes are verbatim when possible, and otherwise summarized or paraphrased.
Note takers comments or clarifications are in italics. These notes are not the official county record of the meeting. For officially approved minutes, which are normally published at a later time, CLICK HERE.
The time stamps refer to the times on the AV Capture archive of the meeting on this date at the County livestream archive. To locate items in real time, the clock on the wall in the AV Capture screen can be helpful.
7.18.2023 Tues PM BOCC
· Building director announces decrease in permit applications; CB’s quip about yurts sparks discussion of temporary occupancy permit, lengthened under former Environmental Health director from 30 to 60 days to increase permit revenue, allowing septic but no well-drilling
· Denise Varner approved as Board of Health council-member representative
· Weed treatment needed on state lands, BOCC will sign a letter urging participation; milfoil treatment going forward on Osoyoos, Spectacle, state funds requested to do Conconully; department still short-staffed
· Housing discussed at length with Omak planner Kurt Danison and Economic Alliance director; EA projects to include feasibility studies, selection process ends August 26th; cleaning-up of run-down homes a priority, County should buy some to provide affordable housing; policy needed
· Public Defender requests another attorney, Blake cases cited
· Emergency Manager discusses overtime for “call-out” work, alternatives discussed
View Complete Notes