These notes were taken by an Okanogan County Watch volunteer. Every attempt is made to be accurate. Notes are verbatim when possible, and otherwise summarized or paraphrased.
Note takers comments or clarifications are in italics. These notes are not the official county record of the meeting. For officially approved minutes, which are normally published at a later time, CLICK HERE.
The time stamps refer to the times on the AV Capture archive of the meeting on this date at the County livestream archive. To locate items in real time, the clock on the wall in the AV Capture screen can be helpful.
7.11.2023 BOH Tues PM
- Amendment passed to allocate $5,600 to improve childhood vaccination rates
- Foundational funds requested for “a true substance abuse prevention program” and to hire administrative help for Environmental Health director
- Short discussion on “hit and miss” aspect of food and other permits for reservation entities
- Health Officer says opioid settlement should go to those engaged in substance use recovery, announces trainings for recovery coaches; will prepare an evaluation on how things were handled during Covid; 911 calls way up from June last year (11 calls);
-Health Director Lori Jones announces mid-year figures, including 88 septic permit applications
- Long discussion with Environmental Health Director Mike Harr on streamlining building permit process: site analysis necessary early on, closer collaboration urged between his department and Planning. Attorney says homeowner must provide water adequacy documentation.
View Complete Notes