These notes were taken by an Okanogan County Watch volunteer. Every attempt is made to be accurate. Notes are verbatim when possible, and otherwise summarized or paraphrased.
Note takers comments or clarifications are in italics. These notes are not the official county record of the meeting. For officially approved minutes, which are normally published at a later time, CLICK HERE.
The time stamps refer to the times on the AV Capture archive of the meeting on this date at the County livestream archive. To locate items in real time, the clock on the wall in the AV Capture screen can be helpful.
5.8.2023 Mon AM/PM BOCC
· Commissioners hold two separate Executive Sessions, dealing with potential or ongoing litigation. One session involves Shelley Keitzman, Human Resources and Risk Management, and Esther Milner, Chief Civil Deputy Prosecutor. The other involves Milner and Pete Palmer, Planning Director. Both approximately 15 minutes long.
· Naomie Peasley (Fairgrounds Manager), Maurice Goodall (Emergency Management) and Susan Speiker (Chief Deputy Clerk) update the commissioners
· Pete Palmer, Planning Director, and the commissioners discuss changes to the Zoning Code’s District Use Chart. After much discussion, they decide that they will concentrate on getting the stipulated forms of the code ready to be sent out for comment and put the rest of the Zone Code on hold right now.
· Sheriff Paul Budrow asks the commissioners for a raise for his Chief Civil Deputy. He also updates the commissioners on the need to hire a Designated Crisis Responder because Okanogan Behavioral Healthcare can’t provide one, the need to start thinking about a new jail facility and other jail matters.
· Commissioners hear a presentation from Team Okanogan Animal Rescue about their work in the county and state-wide. They ask the commissioners for a 99 year lease on property where they will establish their shelter.
· Commissioners interview and approve Katherine Jordan for a position as an alternate on the Water Conservancy Board.