These notes were taken by an Okanogan County Watch volunteer. Every attempt is made to be accurate. Notes are verbatim when possible, and otherwise summarized or paraphrased.
Note takers comments or clarifications are in italics. These notes are not the official county record of the meeting. For officially approved minutes, which are normally published at a later time, CLICK HERE.
The time stamps refer to the times on the AV Capture archive of the meeting on this date at the County livestream archive. To locate items in real time, the clock on the wall in the AV Capture screen can be helpful.
5.30.2023 Tues AM BOCC
· BOCC approves generic 911 fee waiver for individuals who have lost their residence in a fire or other emergency and need to get a new 911 address, Resolution #63-2023.
· Discussion of costs for repair & maintenance of Tonasket/Oroville EMS buildings and some specifics regarding whether consolidation of these EMS districts makes sense from a dollars and cents point of view and better service. There are 5 ambulances together between Tonasket and Oroville – with some in need of repair, May need feasibility study.
· County Assessor: housing market is still doing well – values remain high, sales have slowed down. 20%-30% increase of sale price in most areas of the County. Assessor’s office is on time with workload and notices to the taxpayer this year.
· Code amendment hearing for setting of minimum office hours for most offices of the courthouse. Approval of Ordinance and Resolution governing procedure for emergency closures and business needs.
· Auditor in to make recommendation for vendor for weapons detection system and BOCC accepts this quote from CEIA.
· Solid Waste Manager: Implementation of an Apple Maggot Quarantine in the North County – Manager suggests different boundaries so as to minimize the impact on residents.
· Public Works update from County Engineer
· Meeting adjourned at 11:31