These notes were taken by an Okanogan County Watch volunteer. Every attempt is made to be accurate. Notes are verbatim when possible, and otherwise summarized or paraphrased.
Note takers comments or clarifications are in italics. These notes are not the official county record of the meeting. For officially approved minutes, which are normally published at a later time, CLICK HERE.
The time stamps refer to the times on the AV Capture archive of the meeting on this date at the County livestream archive. To locate items in real time, the clock on the wall in the AV Capture screen can be helpful.
5.23.2023 Tues AM BOCC
Public Comments: Ruth Hall asked if the BOCC knew why the Columbia River was so low? AH answered that they are trying to dredge the Methow River of built-up silt/sand and debris – therefore, keeping the river levels low to do this.
• Discussion of how to fund a new ambulance in Tonasket- run a special levy or bond.
• Surplus auction should go online this week after more information received by the Sheriff's Office.
• Approval of consent agenda and vouchers: Public Hearing for Utility Franchise with Colville Confederated Tribes continued until 6/20 @11:00 am.
• Public Works: County Engineer met with WDFW for agreements/permits on Seal Creek and Bonaparte Creek Road, also met with Methow Trails regarding Goat Creek Crossing – they have applied for LTAC funds to fix bridge.
• Emergency Services Manager in to solidify burn ban restrictions in Resolution 61-2023, giving Emergency Manager ability to consult with Fire Advisary Group to change dates and times if needed – Burn ban to go into effect 6/15/2023. Discussion of distributing tax money collected to OBHC for Mental Health services, Drug/alcohol assessment& tx, Developmentally Disabled services. Wa State Public Works Board will be giving some workshops in this area.
• Meeting adjourned at 11:37 until 1:30 PM.