These notes were taken by an Okanogan County Watch volunteer. Every attempt is made to be accurate. Notes are verbatim when possible, and otherwise summarized or paraphrased.
Note takers comments or clarifications are in italics. These notes are not the official county record of the meeting. For officially approved minutes, which are normally published at a later time, CLICK HERE.
The time stamps refer to the times on the AV Capture archive of the meeting on this date at the County livestream archive. To locate items in real time, the clock on the wall in the AV Capture screen can be helpful.
5.2.2023 Tues PM BOCC
• Housing officials appeal for funds to cover $750,000 spending gap for Oroville Housing
Authority’s 16-unit project, due to break ground in June; county can foot half the bill
• Human Resources director says Lifeline the cheapest for CPR/defibrillator training:
$5,000 for 100 employees; cost of adding defibrillators (with spare parts) to Courthouse:
• First opioid settlement received, more to follow
• Commissioner Neil not happy about farmers’ emergency winter housing ousted to build Oroville’s
affordable housing development, Commissioner Branch mentions county right of way activity, problems
with the State waiving rules,
• Water Board member approved
• Commissioner Hover’s comment letter asking for participant status in grizzly re- introduction
plan signed by Whatcom and Skagit counties; Chelan and Snohomish wrote separate letters.
• In informal discussion Commissioners Branch and Neil show skepticism over animal management
programs; Branch suggests possible BOCC third term.