These notes were taken by an Okanogan County Watch volunteer. Every attempt is made to be accurate. Notes are verbatim when possible, and otherwise summarized or paraphrased.
Note takers comments or clarifications are in italics. These notes are not the official county record of the meeting. For officially approved minutes, which are normally published at a later time, CLICK HERE.
The time stamps refer to the times on the AV Capture archive of the meeting on this date at the County livestream archive. To locate items in real time, the clock on the wall in the AV Capture screen can be helpful.
5.16.2023 Tues AM BOCC
· EMS districts budget discussion.
· Working out details of temporary County/Cities agreement for police coverage – crime is increasing, difficulty of recruitment and retention of deputies in all areas of county – currently 3 open positions in the Sheriffs Dept. Need for additional vehicles – there are 10 vehicles (boat also) included in surplus auction. Sheriff presents request for pay increase/pay grade for Undersheriff – Board to discuss pay overall for County employees.
· Emergency Services Manager update Board on current flood conditions around the county,
· Public Works projects update.
· Meeting adjourned – 11:43.