These notes were taken by an Okanogan County Watch volunteer. Every attempt is made to be accurate. Notes are verbatim when possible, and otherwise summarized or paraphrased.
Note takers comments or clarifications are in italics. These notes are not the official county record of the meeting. For officially approved minutes, which are normally published at a later time, CLICK HERE.
The time stamps refer to the times on the AV Capture archive of the meeting on this date at the County livestream archive. To locate items in real time, the clock on the wall in the AV Capture screen can be helpful.
4.17.2023 Mon AM BOCC
· Commissioner Branch proposes that the BOCC create a list of issues that need to be discussed. These issues could be added to the agenda when there’s an opening on Monday, Tuesday or even Wednesday.
· Pete Palmer, Planning Director, says she’s met with 62 of the 77 licensed cannabis growers in the county over the last year. She’s now sent out a bill for the annual registration fee but only 52 growers have responded. She would like to send one more warning letter and then begin pulling licenses if she receives no response. BOCC approves the plan.
· The commissioners will check with the County Auditor to make sure they can offer a 50% rental fee reduction for schools in the county interested in renting facilities at the Fairgrounds.
· BOCC goes into Executive Session under RCW 42.30.110(1)(i)—ongoing litigation. 30 minutes, inviting Pete Palmer and Tadas Kisielius, appointed by the Prosecutor’s Office, from Van Ness Feldman Law Firm.
· Commissioners, LTAC (Lodging Tax Advisory Committee) and OCTC (Okanogan County Tourism Council) discuss if the LTAC can make a proposal to spend $25,000 for soft wear to help gather useful data even though the deadline for proposals passed months ago. They decide that it would be better to wait until this summer when proposals will again be considered.
· Commissioners review the list of expenditures for ARPA (American Rescue Plan Act) expenditures made in 2022. Commissioner Branch must report these expenditures by the end of April.
· Adjourn at 3:30.