These notes were taken by an Okanogan County Watch volunteer. Every attempt is made to be accurate. Notes are verbatim when possible, and otherwise summarized or paraphrased.
Note takers comments or clarifications are in italics. These notes are not the official county record of the meeting. For officially approved minutes, which are normally published at a later time, CLICK HERE.
The time stamps refer to the times on the AV Capture archive of the meeting on this date at the County livestream archive. To locate items in real time, the clock on the wall in the AV Capture screen can be helpful.
4.11.2023 Tues AM BOCC
• Cortner(contractor)on site today to locate utilities for the Justice Building;
• Discussion regarding letter/action together with the Eastern Wa Council of Governments regarding
breeching of the Snake River Dams – concern about commerce;
• Management of threatened Wildlife Species due to 'fractured landscape';
• Discussion of partnership with Conservation District, Methow Watershed Council and others for
Water Bank – need to re-write the water code;
• Update from Methow Watershed Council;
• Discussion/Review Voluntary Stewardship Work Group – have received 6 applications that need to
be appointed by BOCC – previous resolution directs Planning Director to run this group – may
require some changes,
• Andy Hover to represent BOCC on North Cascades Interagency Committee on Grizzlies,
• Details for updating contracts with Extension Service and Noxious Weed office space;
• Public Works: 4 day road closure for work on Twisp Transfer station, Behind schedule on Shop
Construction – hope to have them ready for use by November,
• Adjourn 11:42.