These notes were taken by an Okanogan County Watch volunteer. Every attempt is made to be accurate. Notes are verbatim when possible, and otherwise summarized or paraphrased.
Note takers comments or clarifications are in italics. These notes are not the official county record of the meeting. For officially approved minutes, which are normally published at a later time, CLICK HERE.
The time stamps refer to the times on the AV Capture archive of the meeting on this date at the County livestream archive. To locate items in real time, the clock on the wall in the AV Capture screen can be helpful.
11.29.2023 Wed AM/PM BOCC
· New fairgrounds manager asks for $25,000 increase, prioritizes repair over replacement of dilapidated buildings, starting with horse barn; aims at more “common involvement”, fundraisers, advertising; new water system must be done in time for fair
· Treasurer and Auditor urge conservatism in estimating interest from general obligations bond
· District Court upgrading legal assistant post; annual replacement of evidence rulebook and courtroom rulebook for three courtrooms a necessity, price tag: $12,000; probation officer salary puts budget in the red, broader analysis of duties could qualify post for opiate settlement money
· New flooring to replace worn carpets in courthouse
· Auditor’s budget includes restoring historical documents and recording them online, replacement of election equipment in case of malfunction
· Treasurer discusses bond payment transfers, final Eastlake sewer bond payment next June
· ARPA fund recipients listed, Commissioner Hover says they need more projects, Commissioner Branch says equity issues part of the ARPA law and that they “didn’t do that”
· Branch raises subject of vehicles for Court to be in user’s name, contrary to other vehicles registered in name of county; Hover objects, Branch says keep an open mind
· Meeting adjourned at 4:02 p.m.
View Complete Notes