These notes were taken by an Okanogan County Watch volunteer. Every attempt is made to be accurate. Notes are verbatim when possible, and otherwise summarized or paraphrased.
Note takers comments or clarifications are in italics. These notes are not the official county record of the meeting. For officially approved minutes, which are normally published at a later time, CLICK HERE.
The time stamps refer to the times on the AV Capture archive of the meeting on this date at the County livestream archive. To locate items in real time, the clock on the wall in the AV Capture screen can be helpful.
10.10.2023 Tues PM BOCC
· Budget workshop covers: Courthouse matching funds grant re-allocation of $750,000, work already done includes architectural assessment, geothermal in jail; fairgrounds improvement costs of $33,593; financing courthouse security–moving the licensing office, bullet-proof countertops, $140,000 single point entry project; bond totaling $12,194,119 requires annual payments of $522,000, generates around $540,000 yearly in interest; $300,000 allocated for HVAC project at Virginia Grainger; new budget must adjust for 13% Sheriff’s office wage hike
· Oroville EMS agreement approved
· Fairgrounds has new employee in training
· Brief mention of expense and revenue implications of water banking
· Meeting adjourned at 4:54