These notes were taken by an Okanogan County Watch volunteer. Every attempt is made to be accurate. Notes are verbatim when possible, and otherwise summarized or paraphrased.
Note takers comments or clarifications are in italics. These notes are not the official county record of the meeting. For officially approved minutes, which are normally published at a later time, CLICK HERE.
The time stamps refer to the times on the AV Capture archive of the meeting on this date at the County livestream archive. To locate items in real time, the clock on the wall in the AV Capture screen can be helpful.
10.10.2023 Tues AM BOCC
· 50-minute executive session for potential/ongoing litigation, including HR/Risk Manager, Chief Civil Deputy, and Planning Director.
· Budget Work Session with Auditor, Treasurer, and Finance Manager,
· Continuing conversation with the Consultant regarding construction on Sheriffs/Coroner Building. Solid Waste Update: Pond liner is completed, Department of Ecology grant awarded to County.
· Public Works Update: 3 construction projects with some problems; Cameron Lake Road – continue to work on right of way with the Tribe, Twisp River Road – Federal rules have changed and need to consult with Fisheries, Foster Mountain Bridge work with LTAC funding – not going to happen this year. Greenacres Road project nearly complete. Completing sale of old pit with WDFW, and the purchase of Mazama property with the Methow Conservancy. There are 35 applications pending for LTAC funding.
· Meeting adjourned at 12:02. Health Dept meeting at 1:30, along with afternoon business.