These notes were taken by an Okanogan County Watch volunteer. Every attempt is made to be accurate. Notes are verbatim when possible, and otherwise summarized or paraphrased.
Note takers comments or clarifications are in italics. These notes are not the official county record of the meeting. For officially approved minutes, which are normally published at a later time, CLICK HERE.
The time stamps refer to the times on the AV Capture archive of the meeting on this date at the County livestream archive. To locate items in real time, the clock on the wall in the AV Capture screen can be helpful.
09.05.2023 Tues PM BOCC
• Resolution 117-2023 approved, ends the 40%-40% city-county split for .09 infrastructure fund spending
• Grant-funded stipend to go to Juvenile Court Administrative Services Manager to continue addition work, necessary for County-U of W partnership regarding youth homelessness
• Tonasket Ranger District report covers
- Crater Cr. fire, now winding down, most Pasayten closures ending by this weekend
- timber sales stewardship program with clause for road maintenance
- possible marking of dead end roads, in reply to Commisioner Neil’s question.
- North Fork Salmon Cr. road work progresses; price upwards of $1.7M
- using local contractors vs. relying on county for emergencies; FS wants “emergency agreement” with County recruiting for many sorts of full-time positions