These notes were taken by an Okanogan County Watch volunteer. Every attempt is made to be accurate. Notes are verbatim when possible, and otherwise summarized or paraphrased.
Note takers comments or clarifications are in italics. These notes are not the official county record of the meeting. For officially approved minutes, which are normally published at a later time, CLICK HERE.
The time stamps refer to the times on the AV Capture archive of the meeting on this date at the County livestream archive. To locate items in real time, the clock on the wall in the AV Capture screen can be helpful.
08.29.2023 Tues AM BOCC
· Public Comment: Isabelle Spohn explains minimal public input on Multi Hazards Mitigation Plan (MHMP). Too short of notice. Isabelle asks about the Emergency Management meeting scheduled for tomorrow – will there be public input there? She received the Public Records regarding Community Fire Plan and MHMP. Ruth Hall notes this rain should bring fire risk down and help with current firefighting efforts. Ruth asks about whether tomorrow's meeting might be good for input from the Chiliwist Firewise Group regarding ingress and egress in case of fire.
· HR/Risk Manager/Auditor Update- Increasing long term employee’s pay grade.
· County Fair Issues: Stella Columbia, Maurice Goodall, the Chris Branch for chain of command. BOCC voted to give CB authority to make decisions regarding fairgrounds. The last couple of years, the fair has cost more money than it has taken in – BOCC trying to build up the fair – as celebration of Okanogan County.
· District Court Staffing- struggling to keep staff, staff burnout. Discussed increasing pay grades, overtime budget. Will compare with other counties for ideas.
· Public Works: Public Meeting held with residents of Barnholt Loop Road to consider decreasing speed limit to 25 MPH from 35 MPH – County Engineer instructed to prepare for a public hearing.
· Adjourns at 11:58 until 1:30 in the afternoon.