These notes were taken by an Okanogan County Watch volunteer. Every attempt is made to be accurate. Notes are verbatim when possible, and otherwise summarized or paraphrased.
Note takers comments or clarifications are in italics. These notes are not the official county record of the meeting. For officially approved minutes, which are normally published at a later time, CLICK HERE.
The time stamps refer to the times on the AV Capture archive of the meeting on this date at the County livestream archive. To locate items in real time, the clock on the wall in the AV Capture screen can be helpful.
03.28.23 Tues PM BOCC
• Seasonal full-time assistant hired for the Fairgrounds
• Community Health Director gives instructions for using Narcan to save overdose victims; 16 opiods deaths a year since 2021; Covid still here but “people aren’t dying”
• Sheriff discusses Brady law requiring injection sites, law enforcement’s inability to arrest; department staff of 85 has ten unfilled posts
• Prosecutor’s office counts successful convictions in murder, robbery, assault cases
• Chief Civil Deputy Esther Milner’s work praised by Prosecutor and Commissioner Branch
• Public Records Coordinator post filled
• Some District Court costs possibly reimbursed after Blake decision invalidated drug possession felony; security officers now in courtroom
• Superior Court clients now must take a number
• State to fund windows for Courthouse annex
• WSU Extension seeks volunteers to judge 4-H Fair projects
• County’s appointed on-call architect learns at meeting it was also selected for current projects–Law and Justice Center renovation discussed
• TD&H Engineers to tackle multiple Courthouse projects