These notes were taken by an Okanogan County Watch volunteer. Every attempt is made to be accurate. Notes are verbatim when possible, and otherwise summarized or paraphrased.
Note takers comments or clarifications are in italics. These notes are not the official county record of the meeting. For officially approved minutes, which are normally published at a later time, CLICK HERE.
The time stamps refer to the times on the AV Capture archive of the meeting on this date at the County livestream archive. To locate items in real time, the clock on the wall in the AV Capture screen can be helpful.
03.21.23 Tues PM BOCC
• Economic Alliance board discusses possible projects for newly available “.09” dollars: Roadwork and sewers on Rodeo Trail in Okanogan, a grant writer for the Alliance, planning and feasibility studies, road security in Mazama, Okanogan landfill; prefers projects with additional funding sources • Short discussion with cities on jail fees, need to raise them, deplorable health conditions, lack of safety
• Behavioral Health reps discuss MCOs (managed care organizations), long waiting lists for both children and adults, positive results with internship program
• On-call designee MJ Neil chosen with DOG as architects for “Law and Justice Center” at former Forest Service building
• Commissioner Branch has reservations about shoreline site east of Okanogan for new Coroner’s/Sheriff’s building; proposes assessment by insurance company
• USDA Wildfire Defense grant refused; county to re-apply; Branch regrets those closest to forest boundaries opposing forest treatment
• Commissioner Hover expresses desire to join Grizzly Bear Task Force
• Fair Queen’s fundraising activities discussed
• Methow Valley News/Oroville Gazette Tribune chosen as newspapers of reference for legal advertisements
• Meeting adjourned at 4:18