These notes were taken by an Okanogan County Watch volunteer. Every attempt is made to be accurate. Notes are verbatim when possible, and otherwise summarized or paraphrased.
Note takers comments or clarifications are in italics. These notes are not the official county record of the meeting. For officially approved minutes, which are normally published at a later time, CLICK HERE.
The time stamps refer to the times on the AV Capture archive of the meeting on this date at the County livestream archive. To locate items in real time, the clock on the wall in the AV Capture screen can be helpful.
03.21.23 Tues AM BOCC
• HR/Risk Management: BOCC agrees to allow gym membership to be voluntarily deducted from payroll -MOU to follow, Staff gave feedback regarding newly hired Courthouse security @ Safety Meeting last Wednesday, Health District to come to Department Heads meeting to give presentation on how to use Narcan. Union Representatives to be notified, additional hallway camera being installed. HR reports there are 15 staff who have not completed their sexual harassment training. Some discussion for policy in use of drones.
• Finance Committee: Treasurer and Auditor. Discussion interest earned on unspent bond funds, Treasurer reports that Washington Federal Bank is 100% collateralized. Other budget items, ARPA fund and local assistance funds. Auditor reports that we are 2 months away from the Annual Report to the State Auditor. Some fraud on County bank accounts were detected. Auditor looking into other strategies to protect taxpayers money. Treasurer to be sending out tax delinquent notices/foreclosures.
• Waste Management: Bid Opening for Twisp Transfer Station Leachate Gutter reconstruction – 3 bids received. Public Works to give recommendation.
• Highland Community Support Coalition (HCSC) gave presentation regarding short timeline for grant opportunity for Latino small businesses loan - $11,300 per business possible.
• Meeting adjourned at 11:43 until 1:30 in the afternoon.