These notes were taken by an Okanogan County Watch volunteer. Every attempt is made to be accurate. Notes are verbatim when possible, and otherwise summarized or paraphrased.
Note takers comments or clarifications are in italics. These notes are not the official county record of the meeting. For officially approved minutes, which are normally published at a later time, CLICK HERE.
The time stamps refer to the times on the AV Capture archive of the meeting on this date at the County livestream archive. To locate items in real time, the clock on the wall in the AV Capture screen can be helpful.
02.06.2024 Tues PM BOCC
· Human Resource director signing everyone up for Sexual Harassment Training, it’s “auto-assigned” to all new employees; relays call from state Criminal Justice Training Commission to solicit legislative support to add six new classes to existing four, currently employment candidates seeking certification must wait up to 24 months
· Repairs for recently-bought tractor, damaged by fairgrounds employee, quoted at around $20,000, FG budget must cover it; discussion about what price purchases require how much competitive bidding
· Board examines case of person wishing to acquire county land adjacent to his to facilitate access, land must first be assessed
· Video Tour of county on website to be renewed at no extra cost, sponsorship and sharing the video with businesses’ websites discussed
· Access to Hearing Examiner’s website discussed
· Comm’r Branch not convinced by photos that Mission timber cut constitutes any irregularity, talks about subjectivity on part of Wilderness Society-paid monitor he accompanied to a cut; says lot of home development made possible by forest roads
View Complete Notes