These notes were taken by an Okanogan County Watch volunteer. Every attempt is made to be accurate. Notes are verbatim when possible, and otherwise summarized or paraphrased.
Note takers comments or clarifications are in italics. These notes are not the official county record of the meeting. For officially approved minutes, which are normally published at a later time, CLICK HERE.
The time stamps refer to the times on the AV Capture archive of the meeting on this date at the County livestream archive. To locate items in real time, the clock on the wall in the AV Capture screen can be helpful.
02.05.2024 Mon AM BOCC
· In Public Comment Aeneas Valley resident gives litany of complaints including
police roughing up his wife, neighbor stealing his back hoe and laxism toward drug dealing; County Watch note-taker asks to re-position clock since camera angle has changed; Mission timber cut in Methow criticized
· Emergency Manager says Wildfire Protection Plan to be discussed at six public
meetings throughout county, has aided three houses with frozen pipe issues
· New Fairground Manager seeks mediation for tensions with Fair Advisory
Committee; complains of regularly having to “kick people out’’ who signed contracts he wasn’t notified of when he took the job, will try to satisfy commissioner’s request to move scheduled Agriplex venue
· Brief discussion on need to visually document Housing Board’s funding efforts for
· Long discussion with local resident/management specialist Raven Aea on
benefits an appointed County Administrator could bring to county government where elected officials cannot complain about other elected officials
· Orchardists’ had bad year and beef producers having trouble; help available
through Farm Service Agency?
View Complete Notes