These notes were taken by an Okanogan County Watch volunteer. Every attempt is made to be accurate. Notes are verbatim when possible, and otherwise summarized or paraphrased.
Note takers comments or clarifications are in italics. These notes are not the official county record of the meeting. For officially approved minutes, which are normally published at a later time, CLICK HERE.
The time stamps refer to the times on the AV Capture archive of the meeting on this date at the County livestream archive. To locate items in real time, the clock on the wall in the AV Capture screen can be helpful.
01.30.2024 Tues PM BOCC
· Community Action describes current housing crisis, will subcontract with consulting company to apply for grant to identify barriers to affordable housing, and develop 5-year housing plan; zoning an issue; Commissioners to sign letter of support
· Dispatch Coordinator asks about demolition bid on site of future sheriff’s equipment /coroner’s building; tanks of “residual oil-related tar “could pose problem
· Fairground volunteers shouldn’t have free rein with county equipment
· Discussion on distribution of funds for public safety, competition between Omak and county to recruit qualified officers
· Electric Co-op in Methow to receive American Rescue Plan (ARPA) funds for broadband; wants to buy neighboring land for equipment but zoning change needed
· County got “dinged” in audit of ARPA funds for not documenting proof of non-disbarment for contractors and sub-recipients, Commissioner Hover objects
View Complete Notes