These notes were taken by an Okanogan County Watch volunteer. Every attempt is made to be accurate. Notes are verbatim when possible, and otherwise summarized or paraphrased.
Note takers comments or clarifications are in italics. These notes are not the official county record of the meeting. For officially approved minutes, which are normally published at a later time, CLICK HERE.
The time stamps refer to the times on the AV Capture archive of the meeting on this date at the County livestream archive. To locate items in real time, the clock on the wall in the AV Capture screen can be helpful.
01.29.2024 Mon AM/PM BOCC
· BOCC hears comments from Raven Aae concerning National Stalking Awareness Month. She urges the commissioners to consider hiring a county manager whose duties would include investigating complaints against the Sheriff’s and Prosecutor’s Office.
· Maurice Goodall, Emergency Management and Michael Harr, Director, Environmental Health, update the BOCC on the water emergency at the River Road Mobile Home Park near Tonasket. The development’s well went dry two months ago.
· BOCC hear a summary of the State Auditor’s audit of the county.
· Okanogan PUD wants to re-write the contract for $500,000 of ARPA (American Rescue Plan Act) funds. They would like the funds to pay for construction materials instead of planning for the Conconully broadband project. The BOCC is happy to make the change. Commissioners and the PUD also discuss electrical power supply to the county. The PUD is concerned that because power demand is growing, they may not be able to supply the county during a cold snap or heat wave next year.
· BOCC meets twice in executive session under RCW 42.30.110(1)(i)—potential litigation. The first meeting lasts 20 minutes and includes Esther Milner, Chief Civil Deputy Prosecutor, and Pete Palmer, Director of Planning. After the meeting the BOCC directs Palmer to write a letter of termination to Dan Beardslee, the Hearing Examiner, and to create a request for proposal for the services of a hearing examiner. The second executive session is for 10 minutes and Esther Milner is invited.
· Adjourn at 2:21 until tomorrow.
View Complete Notes