These notes were taken by an Okanogan County Watch volunteer. Every attempt is made to be accurate. Notes are verbatim when possible, and otherwise summarized or paraphrased.
Note takers comments or clarifications are in italics. These notes are not the official county record of the meeting. For officially approved minutes, which are normally published at a later time, CLICK HERE.
The time stamps refer to the times on the AV Capture archive of the meeting on this date at the County livestream archive. To locate items in real time, the clock on the wall in the AV Capture screen can be helpful.
01.02.2024 Tues AM BOCC
· Jon Neal Elected BOCC Chair, Andy Hover elected Vice Chair.
· No Public Comment.
· Discussion about how to support Public Lands: wildfire, forest management, wildlife management.
· Finance: some policy changes into the new year, still balancing things out from yearend- 2023, state audit happening, roll out of new software going well with a few issues that have been resolved.
· Risk Management: Horse barn “damage” claim.
· Sheriff and Undersheriff not understanding the budget process timelines, and unhappy about not being notified of final budget, also not getting staff requested – upgrading deputy to lieutenant with commensurate pay – may use stipend for extra duties, also animal control position not approved/funded – but it is not off the table.
· Approved Resolution upgrading some salaries due to minimum wage increase.
View Complete Notes