These notes were taken by an Okanogan County Watch volunteer. Every attempt is made to be accurate. Notes are verbatim when possible, and otherwise summarized or paraphrased.
Note takers comments or clarifications are in italics. These notes are not the official county record of the meeting. For officially approved minutes, which are normally published at a later time, CLICK HERE.
The time stamps refer to the times on the AV Capture archive of the meeting on this date at the County livestream archive. To locate items in real time, the clock on the wall in the AV Capture screen can be helpful.
10.18.22 PM - BOCC
Fairgrounds toilets getting plugged up.
• 152 building permit applications out for pot growers, many in Chiliwist; Building Dept. praised for being user-friendly.
• Pest Board still not allowed to treat Twisp farm for scotch thistle; Osoyoos milfoil treatments working, will likely be approved by Canada; town hall meetings envisioned to ease tensions with Chesaw farmers.
• Voluntary Stewardship Program needs new work group members; encourages compliance with critical area protection initiatives as alternative to added government regulation; wildlife reaping benefits.
• Fairgrounds tractor trade-in promises to be costly
• Treasure and Auditor proud of Stewardship award, a rare recognition by State Auditor’s office of excellence in audit compliance.
• Meeting adjourned at 4:00.
View Complete Notes
Fairgrounds, Building Permits, Cannabis, Pest Board, Twisp, Osoyoos, Lake Osoyoos, Chesaw, Voluntary Stewardship Program, Critical Area Protection Initiatives, Wildlife, Treasure, Auditor, State Auditor Office