These notes were taken by an Okanogan County Watch volunteer. Every attempt is made to be accurate. Notes are verbatim when possible, and otherwise summarized or paraphrased.
Note takers comments or clarifications are in italics. These notes are not the official county record of the meeting. For officially approved minutes, which are normally published at a later time, CLICK HERE.
The time stamps refer to the times on the AV Capture archive of the meeting on this date at the County livestream archive. To locate items in real time, the clock on the wall in the AV Capture screen can be helpful.
10.11.22 PM - BOCC
• Public comment from distributor wanting to provide more water for residents without wells, Hover repeats his objection to legalizing “eternal” cisterns, Environmental Health expert Michael Harr says water rights necessary.
• Air quality a “year-round issue”, especially in Methow and since September; 450 filters distributed, collaboration growing among local organizations.
• State funds appropriated for people isolating from Covid; Health Dept. to give employees $5,000 retention incentive.
• Covid continues to drop, STDs on the increase, tribes and county working together with good results.
• Confusing building permit application form leads to expensive misunderstanding, wording to be clarified.
• Board agrees to test for sewage leakage on property near Lake Osoyoos; need to react to resident’s concerns outweighs “letter of the law”.