These notes were taken by an Okanogan County Watch volunteer. Every attempt is made to be accurate. Notes are verbatim when possible, and otherwise summarized or paraphrased.
Note takers comments or clarifications are in italics. These notes are not the official county record of the meeting. For officially approved minutes, which are normally published at a later time, CLICK HERE.
The time stamps refer to the times on the AV Capture archive of the meeting on this date at the County livestream archive. To locate items in real time, the clock on the wall in the AV Capture screen can be helpful.
08.15.2023 Tues AM BOCC
· Maintenance department helping staff to get ready for the Fair.
· Public Comment: Isabelle Spohn had questions/comments regarding long overdue updating of the 2013 Community Wildfire Protection Plan and promised yearly review of the 2022 All Hazards Mitigation Plan (AHMP) for Okanogan County, especially in light of the devastation and breakdown of mitigation plans in Maui, Hawaii. Ruth Hall asks if the Staff Report for the Monse Road Vacation request is available, with the hearing scheduled for August 22nd.
· Central Services: Discuss computer upgrades.
· Fire by Wannacut Lake.
· Discuss transfer of DOT property in Mazama to County ownership, working with the Conservancy and considering shoreline policy.
· Finance Committee: (Treasurer, Auditor and Finance Manager) Cash on hand, expenditures, and receipts from July.
· County Engineer: maintenance and road condition, status of current projects, guardrail repair from Eagle Bluff Fire going out to bid. Staff report for Monse Road Vacation should be available this Thursday. Public Records Request needed. Barnholt Loop speed limit change. Meeting is scheduled and residents notified.
· Meeting adjourned at 11:37 for lunch, working lunch with consultants.